Concrete Driveway Coating: Pro Tips and Tricks
Concrete driveway coating is a great way to protect your driveway from weathering, staining and fading. By using a concrete coating, you can also add a bit of extra grip to your driveway, making it less likely to be slippery in wet conditions. There are a number of different concrete coatings on the market, so it’s important to choose one that is right for your needs. These coatings are available in a variety of colors, so you can choose one that matches your home’s exterior or goes with the overall style of your property.
It is typically applied in two coats. The first coat is a base coat that helps to fill in any cracks or unevenness in the surface of your driveway. The second coat is the finish coat that provides the color and protective layer for your driveway. But, like any home improvement project, there are a few things you should know before getting started.
Here are some pro tips for concrete driveway coatings:
- Make sure the surface is clean before you start. Any dirt, dust or debris on the surface will prevent the coating from properly adhering. Use a power washer to remove any build-up on the surface. Always make sure the surface is completely dry before you start applying the coating.
- Choose the right product. There are a variety of concrete driveway coatings on the market. Make sure you choose one that is designed for outdoor use and can withstand the elements. This is because the coatings are often exposed to sunlight, rain and snow.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Each concrete driveway coating is different, so make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application and cure times. You should also take into account the weather conditions on the day you plan to apply the coating.
- Use a primer. Applying a primer before the coating will help it to better adhere to the surface and will also extend its lifespan. This means that you won’t have to re-apply the coating as often. A primer also helps to create a smooth surface for the coating to be applied to.
- Be careful of overspray. When applying the coating, be careful not to overspray onto adjacent surfaces. This can cause staining and damage to those areas. If you accidentally overspray, quickly clean the area with a damp cloth.
- Let it cure. Once you’ve applied the coating, let it cure for the amount of time specified by the manufacturer. This is important in order for the coating to properly set and bond with the surface. Once it’s cured, you can enjoy your new, protected driveway.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your concrete driveway coating is applied correctly and will last for years to come. If you have any questions, be sure to consult with a professional contractors before getting started. They can help you choose the right product and provide guidance on application and cure times.
157 W North St, West Milton, OH 45383, United States