Benefits of Custom Garage Floors
Garage floors are often neglected, but the fact of the matter is that they take up a lot of room in our homes. While many homeowners do not have garages at all, there are also those who have converted their garages into workshops or home offices. In this case, it makes sense to spend some money on an attractive and durable material for your garage floor. This solution can be cost-effective as well as functional since you will no longer need to worry about tracking mud or other dirt onto carpets or expensive tiling. You can choose from dozens of different colors and patterns to suit any style.
Custom garage floors come in several varieties with epoxy being one of the most popular. Epoxy garage floors have a number of benefits including being heat-resistant, scratch-resistant, and chemical-resistant. All you need to do is remove any debris from the floor and then apply a fresh coat of epoxy paint. This type of coating will create an ultra-smooth, very hard surface that is perfect for vehicles or heavy equipment.
Custom garage floors are also easy to clean. You simply sweep the floor each day after your car has been parked inside and mop it once a month with a cleaner mixed with water. In between these routine cleaning jobs you can easily wash away small amounts of dirt, mud or oil by using either soap and water or a commercial degreasing product designed specifically for garages.
What are the benefits of a custom garage floor?
A custom garage floor will improve the overall appearance of your home, but it also offers several practical advantages as well. The best part is that you can have a beautiful epoxy coating applied to any type of surface, from concrete to asphalt.
- Durability – A good garage floor coating will last anywhere from five to twenty years or more depending on the thickness and grade of material used. Epoxy paints are extremely tough yet very easy to clean so they remain attractive over time even with regular use.
- Ease of use – If done correctly, a coat of epoxy paint should only need to be reapplied every two or three years after being fully for 24 hours. In between these routine jobs you can easily clean the floor by using either soap and water or a commercial degreasing product.
- Appearance – A custom garage floor coating will give your home an upgraded appearance that is stylish and functional. You can choose from many different colors or even include graphics like stripes, stars, or chevrons to create a truly unique look for your garage.
- Improved safety – It is always better when working with tools, machinery, or gas-powered equipment if the floor has some grip on it. This reduces the risk of accidents in which someone slips on oil or mud while walking across the floor at night for example.
- Resale value – Many investors consider a well-maintained garage as one of the most important selling points for any home. The more attractive and functional your garage floor is, the higher the value will be of your home when it comes time to move.
Custom epoxy garage floors can increase both the beauty and practicality of your garage. If you spend some time comparing various epoxy coatings you should have no trouble choosing one that offers exactly the look you are going for with a price tag that fits within your budget. Just be sure to visit several websites where customers have submitted photos or videos of their finished products so you can get an idea about what to expect before starting this project yourself!
157 W North St, West Milton, OH 45383